Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Sea Silk

Aah, Sea Silk. Doesn't sound like something from a fairy tale, or the name of a sea nymph? I just ordered 2 skeins of HandMaiden Sea Silk in Moss and 1 in Rose Garden, laceweight and I can't wait till it comes in. I've heard a lot about it from fellow snobs and I also ordered a book called "Knitting Traditional Lace Shawls " by Martha Waterman. I had a copy but I can't find it anywhere for the last 8 months. Since I have this amazing yarn coming I want to have an amazing set of patterns to choose from. If you're looking for an incredible book of lace patterns I've never seen a book that equals it.
Soon those shimmering strands will be slipping through my fingers and I think I'll finally have a lace project that will hold my attention long enough to finish. Be assured that lifelines will be a staple part of this project. :)

No comments: