Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Hoarding...otherwise known as inexplcable knitter behaviour.

Just thought I would gloat and show off my treasure's from Atlanta. Don't asked how much it cost,I had an accident where yarn jumped into my basket...so did patterns,books and needles but that is beside the point.
The accident further involved my credit card being swiped(not stolen, but used). Since I endured this most beneficial of accidents I'll share my profits thereof.

Firstly, a Numma Numma yarn called Toasty Boo. Aren't those great names? How on earth to people come up with this stuff? The color is called "presto", also very cool.
This fingering yarn is destined to become the Rivendell socks, it's not nearly so spinachy looking in person.

Nextly, a 100% silk laceweight, the yarn is

Claudia Hand Painted Yarns Silk Lace in "honey"


This delectable yarn is going to be a gift shawl for my BF's bun in the oven.

And lastly...I have no idea what this is for, so far nothing is worthy of it, but I had to have it. I'm pretty sure it'll be something for me,(I need this yarn!).

It is Araucania Ranco Multi, isn't it breathtaking? I bought 6 skeins,well...I had to have enough for, whatever and since there are no dye lots one has to be careful to pick resembling skeins to have a decent piece of knitwear.
I have yet to wind this yarn, it is so Monet-esque that I am waiting for the perfect moment.
Perhaps a beach sunset with my winder and swift attached to the dock....................it'll be my kitchen table but at least I can look at a postcard or something.

Happy Winding,
~Meredith

1 comment:

Pensguys said...

Pretty, pretty!!!!

If I didn't have so much sock yarn, now I would have gotten some of that Toasty Toes. ;)