Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Celebrity..with half my face.

Just a short note. Whilst standing in line with a fellow knitter whom I did not know but was immediatly able to begin a meaningful discussion (you know how it is knitters), a reporter from the Atlanta Journal with a huge honking camera suddenly appeared behind amy right shoulder.
I almost lost a stitch on my sock, which would have ruined my attitude right away.
She asked our names and where we lived and if we knew each other.
The reporter then walked around us in a circle and took about 10 pictures, it was weird,she was circling around us and crouching like we were a strange new species of human. But it was nice too, finally someone who seemed interested without saying insulting things.
We almost lost our place in line because we were standing still for her. I was trying to look serious, impervious to constant flashes and the crouching reporter, and so, my sister says, I look obsessive over finishing my sock.
We are in the paper (wow) and the online version too. You can see us at

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/living/stories/2008/04/06/knit_0407.html

If you enlarge the picture you can see it better.

So many things happened that day, I may scrapbook over it, then again, I hate scrapbooking.

I'll just rattle on here.

1 comment:

Pensguys said...

Oh that's GREAT!!!!! What a neat article! I'm going to link it on my blog too.

You're FAMOUS!!!! LOL